Saturday, April 23, 2016

My order from Baby has arrived !


(You can view my original post here!)

Recently I made my first online purchase from a name brand Lolita store!

I have been in love with Baby, the Stars Shine Bright 's designs for years but had never had the opportunity to purchase anything from them directly. I was fortunate enough to have received a $50 gift card to the New York store from my best friend to celebrate my graduation.

After the New York store's most recent product update I could not resist!

Stock Image for Classical rosy head bow ( Pink )
Stock Image for Dreaming Rose Comb ( Pink )
I was particularly taken with the Dreaming Rose Comb and Classical Rosy Head Bow in pink. Once I added my items to my cart I processed my payment through PayPal. The online shopping process through Baby was incredibly easy! I was able to put in the gift card electronically as well as process the remaining balance in the same transaction.



November 1stNovember 7th


I was astonished that my order arrived so quickly!


I received a plain brown square box with priority rate shipping. At first glance inside the box I found pale pink tissue paper and my, rather unremarkable, invoice. I was overjoyed however to see that, amongst the tissue paper, lay an unmistakable Baby, the Stars Shine Bright shopping bag!


I cannot express how happy I am to have my first bag from Baby! I have to immortalize this momentous occasion. A few months ago Vanilla Bear made a tutorial for hanging up brand bags. I will be utilizing this amazing tutorial to transform this bag into a framed art piece once the weather warms up. The fact that this will be my first brand bag will make the bag that much better!
Inside the branded bag I found my two ordered items. Each product had been carefully wrapped in their individual plastic bags before they had been placed in the larger pink bag.

The first item I was fortunate enough to unravel was the Classical Rosy Head Bow!

Classical rosy head bow ( Pink ) by BSSB

Classical rosy head bow ( Pink ) by BSSB
Even inside the package this head bow was a stunning sight! The image from the website pales in compassion to the real thing.

The main construction of the bow was accomplished with a heavy grosgrain. I was able to re-position the bow with ease from it's flattened shipping state and it maintained whatever angle I manipulated it into. The lace on this bow was nothing short of astonishing. All of the materials are incredibly soft, well defined and have a good weight to them. The majority of the lace features a rose motif which can be seen in the detailed shots below.

Classical rosy head bow ( Pink ) by BSSB
I love the details in this shot. You can clearly see the grosgrain ribbon as well as the floral details of the lace. The Baby, the Stars Shine Bright brand tag can be seen along the base of the headband.

The pale pink of this bow matches my pieces perfectly and is honestly a great addition to my wardrobe. What truly makes this accessory special is the design. I love that this piece is a side bow rather than the typical Alice style head bow.

Classical rosy head bow ( Pink ) by BSSB

Classical rosy head bow ( Pink ) by BSSB
It is easier to see in this photo how I adjusted the bow from it's flattened state to it's intended shape. There is no wire or supported needed for the bow since the structural materials are quite sufficient.

Classical rosy head bow ( Pink ) by BSSB

Classical rosy head bow ( Pink ) by BSSB
​I cannot get over the level of detail on this piece. Everything is been assembled with expert care and with quality materials. The head bow is extremely well constructed and beyond charming! 
My only complaint for this piece is that the designers used a black headband as the base and is slightly visible. It is not a problem when it is worn, but the fact I can see it through the pale pink is a slight cause for annoyance. Overall I am extremely satisfied in this piece! I am very happy that I was able to purchase it.

​Rating ~ 9 / 10
And now for the Dreaming Rose Combs!

Dreaming Rose Combs by Baby, The Stars Shine Bright.
I really wanted a piece that was branded with the Baby, the Stars Shine Bright emblem. I also wanted to add some diversity to my Lolita hair accessories. With hair combs I can arrange them the way I want and even built upon other hair pieces.

Even inside the bag the combs were stunning!


Dreaming Rose Combs by Baby, The Stars Shine Bright.
​Both combs are constructed with a secure silver base in which all of the details are built on top of. I was worried that the articles would not be secured properly but that concern was completely obliterated once I could study the combs in person.

The ribbon is an extremely soft light pink with a golden trim. The gold Baby, the Stars Shine Bright emblem adds a truly elegant touch to these accessories while it additionally pays tribute to it's creators.

In the case of the flowers they are constructed of a very delicate but sturdy craft paper.

All of the items used to decorate the combs are of an extremely high quality and absolutely zero flaws.

Dreaming Rose Combs by Baby, The Stars Shine Bright.
The review for this item is a no contest decision!

​Rating ~ 10 / 10


I am over the moon impressed with my small order from Baby, the Stars Shine Bright NYC. With the high quality construction, design and attention to detail I can scarcely believe how beautiful these hair pieces are. I can't even imagine how extraordinary the Baby clothing and larger accessories must be! 
Shipping
5 / 5
The shipping for this order was domestic and incredibly quick! I received my items in one week, a truly remarkable record for any of my Lolita purchases! The items had been properly prepared for shipment and everything arrived safely and accurately.

Product Quality
5 / 5
All of the products purchased were extremely well constructed and were of an exceptional quality! Each piece is charming, elegant and completely out shadows the stock photography. 

Communication
5 / 5
I had contacted this particular Baby, the Stars Shine Bright store with questions about my gift card via email and they answered in an extremely timely manner.

Will there be further purchase from Baby? You better believe it!

~ Stay Frilly


No comments:

Post a Comment