Saturday, April 23, 2016

Bambi Crony Review!


An now for a review that is slightly different!
Bambi Crony is a Ball-Jointed-Doll shop based out of Souel, Korea. I have heard great things about their products and decided to check them out. I had been in search of Tea Party and Rocking Horse style shoes that would fit my soon to arrive Obitsu. Bambi Crony had both styles in stock.

​Of course I didn't just stop at two pairs of shoes!
June 28thAugust 13th

I purchased a total of four items from Bambi Crony.



Since I ordered a pair of Mako eyes the order was delayed since the eyes are made once ordered. Once Mako completes the eyes and sends the eyes to Bambi Crony the order is processed and shipped. Since Mako's eyes are extremely popular this process took longer than what I or Bambi Crony expected.

When my order did arrive I was happy to see that it was extremely well packed!

My order from Bambi Crony is finally here!
On top of my items lay three postcard freebies featuring Bambi Crony's Ball-Jointed-Dolls. Coupled to the positively sweet manner in which everything was packed the postcard only enhanced the cuteness factor.

I was excited to see that each item in my order had been carefully sent in it's own (adorable) packaging before being encompassed by the protective bubble wrap casing.

( From Left to Right) Free Postcards, Mako Eyes, Wig, Tea Party and Rocking Horse style shoes.
Let's start with the freebies!

Bambi Crony postcard freebies!



On top of my items lay three postcard freebies featuring Bambi Crony's Ball-Jointed-Dolls. 

Coupled to the positively sweet manner in which everything was packed the postcard only enhanced the cuteness factor.

I was excited to see that each item in my order had been carefully sent in it's own ( adorable ) packaging before being encompassed by the protective bubble wrap casing.


And now for the long awaited Mako eyes!

Mako Eyes is a Ball-Jointed-Doll Eye company based out of South, Korea. Their Urethane and double UV protected eyes are extremely popular within the BJD community, and now I finally had a pair of my own!

Eyes by Mako Eyes. Amarylliys in the colorway 006. Size 16mm.

For my first doll character I really wanted a pair of pretty brown eyes. I had seen rave reviews about Mako eyes and decided to give them a try. While it was difficult to finally settle on a style I ordered the Amarylliys in the colorway 006. I wanted to try the 16mm size for my doll first, as it was the suggested size for a "cute wide-eyed look".






Using the default Obitsu Mizuki head that came with my 50cm Obitsu body I placed the eyes into the head. This was surprisingly easy with the default head! The eyes were flawless. The color is especially charming because under certain light they have a brown and purple hue. The eyes are clear and captivating. I am so impressed with the quality and price that I will be purchasing all of my eyes from Mako eyes.

I can hardly wait to see how they look on my Misha Obitsu head!


 These Bellezza sized Mary Jane shoes are exactly what I had been in search of! My doll is a Lolita ( just like me ! ) and thus I had to get her a pair of tea party style shoes to accompany her Sweet Lolita look. I purchased this pair in white.

​The shoes were carefully packed in a plastic bag and a Bambi Crony branded structure. The shoes are constructed of PVC and resemble the style of shoe that I wear myself.

Ribbon Mary Janes by Bambi Crony in White.

The silver heart buckles and the gold Bambi Crony emblem only add to the charm and realism of the shoes.The PVC bows are exceptionally sturdy, the shoes feature even stitching and the bottom of the shoes even have tread!

Ribbon Mary Janes by Bambi Crony in White.
While the 6.5 cm inner size is slightly too big for my Obitsu's feet it was nothing that slight padding couldn't fix! The 1/3 scale of the shoes, for this pair, look completely natural despite the .5 cm difference.

Ribbon Mary Janes by Bambi Crony in White coupled with handmade tights.
At the time I wanted this hairstyle for a doll known as Lydia. I wanted a pretty reddish/brown that was curled but mostly straight to allow for easy maintenance.

Wig CW-007 in marron cream size 7~8 inches by Bambi Crony.
The wig was carefully placed in it's own wig netting, cardboard ring and a plastic bag. The wig was extremely well packaged and is packaged in a similar manner to human sized wigs!
Wig CW-007 in marron cream size 7~8 inches by Bambi Crony.
Bambi Crony wig tag.
The color of the wig is truly captivating and exactly what I had been in search of. Due to the way it was packaged the wig was 100% flawless.
The 7-8 inch size was a perfect fit for the Mizuki Obitsu head so I was confident that the wig would also fit my Misha Obitsu head.

The wig also featured a paper form in order to ensure the wig would maintain it's shape. The netting that serves as the base of the wig was extremely well constructed. No loose hairs escaped from this wig.











 The spiraling curls are just too precious! The wig is extremely soft and complements the white skin of the Obitsu and the Mako eyes wonderfully. The wig cap is snug enough that a wig cap is not needed if so desired. I will most likely purchase another wig in the future in a different style.

​And now for my absolute favorite item in this order, the Rocking Horse Shoes!
​I ordered the Bellezza size Rocking Horse shoes in pink.

Rocking Horse Shoes in Pink by Bambi Crony.

These shoes are beyond precious. The shoes are expertly constructed like the Ribbon Mary Jane shoes. This pair of shoes possesses the even stitching, tread and sturdiness just like the other pair of shoes. I love this because it means Bambi Crony has consistency in their items. These shoes also feature the heart buckles and gold Bambi Crony brand at the inner base of the shoes.


Rocking Horse Shoes in Pink by Bambi Crony.

Rocking Horse Shoes in Pink by Bambi Crony.
The platform nature of these shoes is true to the Lolita style of Rocking Horse shoes. I am over the moon in love with these shoes! I cannot get enough of them.

Unfortunately these shoes do not fit my Obitsu. While they are technically the same length as the Ribbon Mary Jane, the low ride in the front does not allow for me to slightly stuff the ends. Also the 1/3 size is too big for my 50cm Obitsu body and looks poorly fitted. 

Shipping
4 / 5
The shipping is international, so I did not expect it to be quick. Due to the Mako Eyes being behind in orders it forced my order from Bambi Crony to be delayed.

All of the items were expertly packed and the branding was beyond adorable! Every item had it's own package and everything arrived safely and with expert presentation.

Product Quality
5 / 5
All of the products purchased were extremely well constructed and of an exceptional quality!

Communication
4 / 5
While I completely understand unforeseen circumstances with external companies some communication of this delay would have been extremely appreciated. Communication with this company overall was quick to respond with any email inquires.
I am beyond satisfied with my order from Bambi Crony and would highly recommend the products I purchased. I cannot wait to order some more! 

I hope you all enjoyed this review and remember to Stay Frilly!


No comments:

Post a Comment